Unilever Factory Logistics Team Leader in Suffolk, Virginia
Factory Logistics Team Leader
Background & Purpose of the Job
Our Suffolk, VA manufacturing site is our primary resource for Lipton tea products. This role acts as the key lead for end-to-end factory logistics operations for the site with both inbound and outbound focus. You will lead a team of 14 or more employees across three shifts operating 24/5. You’ll have high visibility and measurable impact on the site, making for a great leadership opportunity.
Our Factory Logistics Team Leader is accountable to deliver logistics safety, quality, cost savings, business waste reduction, customer service, continuous improvement projects and sustainability improvements.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
- Implement process improvement through operational scorecards
- Execute the product group and site level factory logistics strategy
- Support internal and external operational benchmarking activities
- Execution of standardized logistics systems, processes, KPI’s, and ways of working
- Customer service improvement through warehouse and transportation loss reduction using CI tools and methodology
- Drive sustainability initiatives through factory warehouse improvements, transportation efficiencies, and external collaboration activities
- Manage site factory logistics budget and labor pool
- Manage relationships and integrated logistics operations between the manufacturing site and 3rd Party Outside Storage, Transportation Carriers, 3rdParty Network Distribution Centers
- Member of the site leadership team and working cohesively with upper management to deliver results and collaborative improvements
You’re a born leader:Lead site distribution operational processes with a motivational mindset and high sense of urgency
You’re a strategy guru:You see the big picture and translate it into actionable strategies. You know where continuous improvements are needed and create and execute necessary projects through the application of harmonized logistics processes and systems
You’re a dot connector:You break down complexities into understandable pieces and connect all key stakeholders to ensure seamless execution
You’re a changemaker:Cost reduction is a challenge for any leader. You will drive logistics cost reduction through optimization of inbound/primary transportation, and factory warehouse operations. You do this with a change management mindset and create the environment where change is welcomed rather than feared.
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- Bachelor’s Degree Required. MBA a plus.
- At least 3 years of work experience with a clear competence in Manufacturing Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Strong understanding of inventory control, warehousing and transportation operations, manufacturing operations, product deployment, and order to cash processes
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth|Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits|Every Voice Matters|Global Reach|Life at Unilever|Careers with Purpose|World Class Career Development Programs|Check Out Our Space|Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please seeEEO is the Law
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results and background investigation.
Job: Supply Chain
Primary Location: United States-Virginia-Suffolk-Suffolk -1046 W. Washington
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Apr-01-2018
Req ID: 180002NV