DXC Technology Storage Infrastructure Administrator Specialist- Secret Clearance in Norfolk, Virginia
DXC Technology (NYSE: DXC) is the world’s leading independent, end-to-end IT services company, helping clients harness the power of innovation to thrive on change. Created by the merger of CSC and the Enterprise Services business of Hewlett Packard Enterprise, DXC Technology serves nearly 6,000 private and public sector clients across 70 countries. The company’s technology independence, global talent and extensive partner alliance combine to deliver powerful next-generation IT services and solutions. DXC Technology is recognized among the best corporate citizens globally.
For more information, visit www.dxc.technology at http://www.dxc.technology/ .
DXC Technology has an immediate need in our U.S. Public Sector group for a Storage Infrastructure Administrator Specialist - Secret Clearance in Norfolk, VA.
As a member of the Storage Infrastructure Technical Management Team, engage as a Subject Matter Expert in multiple components or platforms of Storage Infrastructure. Under general direction, maintains, tests, implements and optimizes core infrastructure systems that enable and support business and customer functions. Analyze performance statistics to identify and resolve infrastructure capacity/configuration issues and update documentation. Establishes and maintains security, integrity and business continuity controls and documents. Manage special system infrastructure projects, incident response escalations and problem management cases. Manage deployment of new installs, upgrades and migrations for Storage systems. Develop, deploy and maintain power shell automation for daily tasking, provisioning and common errors. Perform as an advocate for the best solutions for our customer, collaborate across multiple teams and disciplines to the deliver the right outcome.
· Project ownership, management and delivery
· Respond to Service outage escalations
· Perform escalations to vendors and engineering groups
· Perform complex Storage and Virtual Infrastructure maintenance, to include but not limited to code updates, reconfigurations, hot fixes and any other corrective actions
· Perform RCA to resolve Problem Management cases
· Responsible for Release management
· Plan, schedule and Supervise large and complex maintenances efforts
· Analyze performance, trends and changes to ensure high performance and high availability.
· Ensure operational needs are documented and communicated back to engineering.
· Train and mentor other team members to strengthen skill set across organization.
· Lead, Coordinate, direct and interact with cross discipline teams
· Execute Project management responsibilities to publish milestones and deliver to dates established
· Document, review and update any and all processes and operational procedural documents.
· Schedule maintenance actions in a timely manner.
· Work with engineering counterparts and vendors to develop solutions for operational needs and new projects.
· Publish PowerShell tools for insertion to Orchestrator and for manual execution
DXC Technology is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities