DXC Technology Service Desk - T1 Agent - Secret Clearance in Norfolk, Virginia
DXC Technology (NYSE: DXC) is the world’s leading independent, end-to-end IT services company, helping clients harness the power of innovation to thrive on change. Created by the merger of CSC and the Enterprise Services business of Hewlett Packard Enterprise, DXC Technology serves nearly 6,000 private and public sector clients across 70 countries.
The company’s technology independence, global talent and extensive partner alliance combine to deliver powerful next-generation IT services and solutions. DXC Technology is recognized among the best corporate citizens globally. For more information, visit http://www.dxc.technology/ .
DXC Technology has an immediate need in our US Public Sector group for a Service Desk - T1 Agent - Secret Clearance in Norfolk, VA.
The Service Desk Technician answers, evaluates, and prioritizes incoming telephone and e-mail requests for assistance from customers experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking, and other computer-related technologies. This position requires technical knowledge and troubleshooting experience and aptitude. The ability to learn and adapt quickly is needed to be successful. Job Responsibilities In addition to following company policies and procedures, principal accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
• Software, hardware, networking troubleshooting skills
• Broad knowledge of computer, networking and software fundamentals
• Provides quick, responsive, high quality and consistent service
• Proficiency with mainstream commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) products such as Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes, Adobe Acrobat, and others
• Log and track calls using incident/problem management database , and maintain history records and related incident/problem documentation
• Read, write, interpret and/or verbally communicate to solicit or explain complex or technical information using simple verbiage
• Must be customer focused, a team player, and able to work on multiple tasks with minimal supervision
• Keeps internal customers productive and performing at the highest possible level possible.
DXC Technology is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities