Titan America Financial Accountant in Norfolk, Virginia
Titan America LLC is a leading environmentally and socially progressive heavy building materials company located in the eastern United States. Titan America is a part of the TITAN Group, an independent, multi-regional producer of cement and other related building materials. Our products include cement, aggregate, ready-mixed concrete and fly ash beneficiation. TITAN Group has a track record of continuous growth since its establishment in 1902. It has expanded its production and distribution operations into 13 countries, employing more than 5,500 people. Our products protect human life and personal property, improve the quality of life, generate economic prosperity and connect society.
Titan America has an opening for a skilled and motivated professional Financial Accountant, to join our Financial Reporting team located at its Corporate Center in Norfolk, Virginia. This position will engage in the consolidation of companywide results and the reporting and analysis of them for our Group headquarters in Athens, Greece. This salaried exempt position reports to the Manager of Financial Reporting.
- Assist with regular reporting responsibilities to the Parent’s finance function and Titan America management, including the preparation and review of:
- Monthly management reporting package including consolidated financial statements and commentary on the underlying reasons for the company’s performance.
- Quarterly financial reporting consolidation and supplemental schedules.
- Actively engaged in monthly close process for corporate center and coordination with Florida and Mid-Atlantic Business Unit product lines, including journal entries and account reconciliations, and companywide consolidation.
- Assist with the analysis of company and product line results including, as directed, the engagement with Business Units leadership to gain an understanding of underlying reasons for financial results.
- Coordinate with the Titan America’s Business Analytics departments to ensure consistency of financial reporting, key performance indicators, and financial performance measures. Contribute to the development of solutions of identified inconsistencies and the identification of best practices.
- Participate in the execution of all phases of the midyear review and year-end external audit process, including technical research, footnote disclosures and audited financial statement preparation in accordance with IFRS.
- Contribute to the development of companywide financial policies and procedures and internal controls.
Assist with administration of companywide financial reporting software. Required Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or equivalent capability, required.
- Two to five years general accounting experience, required, public accounting experience, preferred.
- CPA, CMA certification, or equivalent capability, preferred.
- Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) basis and income tax reporting basis, preferred.
- Knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), required.
- Microsoft Office proficiency, especially Excel, required. Data Analysis experience, knowledge of SAP and Hyperion, a plus.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work under time constraints with a large and diverse group of internal customers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills, both oral and written.
Tracking Code: 1759-774
Job Location: Norfolk, Virginia, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular