Virginia State Government FA360 - Director of Facilities Management - REPOST in Norfolk, Virginia
*PREVIOUS APPLICANTS NEED NOT RE-APPLY.
Norfolk State University’s Department of Facilities Management mission is to create an environment that encourages clean, comfortable, safe, and well maintained facilities and grounds for students, faculty, and staff in support of the University’s commitment to academically achieve with excellence. Facilities Management’s professional, customer oriented trades staff, mechanics, architects, engineers, and other staff are well-trained to support the NSU community. To continue the success of the department’s mission, NSU is looking for a highly skilled, innovative and experienced team-builder to serve as the Director of Facilities Management.
This position reports to the Associate Vice President for Facilities Management and is responsible for the oversight and managing of maintenance and operations of utilities systems to include electrical, plumbing, heating and air condition of all campus facilities. As Director, the incumbent will oversee day-to-day operations of the department. He/she will be responsible for the coordination of activities and serve as liaison with state, federal, local agencies, companies, architects, engineers, contractors and university staff on all technical matters affecting facilities and safety. The selected candidate will work in conjunction with the Associate Vice President of Facilities Management and the Director of Capital Planning and Improvements with the preparation of all new capital improvement projects as they relate to the support of plant maintenance and improvements. The Director will advise the administration on all institutional policies and procedures related to the management of physical resources of the University; develop, formalize and implement both short-term and long-term plans, goals and objectives for the department; and ensure applicable code compliance. The position requires some work on weekends, evenings/night and holidays, as needed. The successful candidate will engage in large amounts of walking, extreme temperature conditions and climbing on/off equipment.
- Considerable knowledge and understanding of general building maintenance practices, procedures and requirements.
- Significant years of experience in managing facilities operations at a large organization.
- Ability to monitor and/or maintain quality control standards.
- Knowledge of energy management and control systems related to building’s automated and/or central plant systems.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local building codes and ordinances.
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret building blueprints, schematic drawings and layouts.
- Demonstrated ability to operate computers and job related equipment and systems.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, and with all levels of trades and management personnel.
- Valid Virginia Driver’s license or eligibility to obtain Virginia Driver’s license.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or Engineering from an accredited college/university or related field or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Norfolk State University conducts background checks on all candidates identified as a finalist for employment consideration at the University. The type of background check(s) performed are dependent upon the type of position for which you have been identified as a finalist and may include: criminal history, including sexual offender registry checks, reference checks, degree validation, DMV (driving) records, license verification, credit report reviews. The results of background checks are made available to University employing officials. You will be required to sign a reference release form.
Norfolk State University utilizes Form I-9 and E-verify in the verification of eligibility for employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants
- Candidates may show interest by submitting, in its entirety online, an application and all required application material.
- Applicant is solely responsible for ensuring application and material thoroughly reflects their knowledge, skills, and abilities, as it relates to the advertised qualifications.
- A complete application, including all previous employment, salary history, and education, for full consideration, must be received online by 11:59PM of the “Job Close Date.”
- Applicants who list “see resume” or “see Curriculum Vitae” in lieu of completing the application may miss the opportunity for full consideration.
- NSU conducts background checks on all candidates identified as finalist for employment. The type of background check(s) performed is dependent upon the type of position for which you have been identified as a finalist, which may include: criminal history, sex offender registry checks, reference checks, degree validation, driving records, license verification, credit history review. The results of background checks are made available to University employing officials. You will be required to sign an Authorization to release form.
Faxed material not accepted.
Emailed material not accepted.
700 Park Avenue Norfolk, Virginia 23504
Working Title: FA360 - Director of Facilities Management - REPOST
Role Title: Administrative - Lecturer - 01121
Job Open Date: 03/08/2018
Job Close Date: 03/31/2018
Open Until Filled: No
Is this position funded in whole or in part by the American Recovery & Reinvestment Act (Stimulus Package)?: No
Hiring Range: Commensurate with education and experience (based on current pay practices)
Agency: Norfolk State University (213)
Agency Website: www.nsu.edu
Location: Norfolk - 710
Position Number: FA360
Job Posting Number: 1032042
Type of Recruitment: General Public - G
Does this position have telework options?: No
Bilingual/Multilingual Skill Requirement/Preference: No
Job Type: Full-Time (Salaried)
Job Type Detail: Salaried Faculty- S-2
Pay Band: UG