Ukpeagvik Iñupiat Corporation/Bowhead Family of Companies Database Administrator - Senior in Norfolk, Virginia
Database Administrator - Senior
Full Time / Part-Time
SENIOR DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR - JEB-17-1820-F
Bowhead is seeking an Oracle Database Administrator to support Naval Surface Warfare Center Carderock Division Detachment Norfolk (NSWCCDDN) located at Joint Expeditionary Base Little Creek-Fort Story.
Oracle Database Administrator essential functions will include:
• Function as the Database Administrator (DBA) for all databases (specifically Oracle), World Wide Web applications, Client-Server applications and desktop computer applications
• Oracle 11g and 12 database support to include database installation, upgrades and patches, backup and recovery, performance tuning for databases and applications, user administration and data migration.
• Functions as a Team leader on the database design and development of WEB-based applications for the Navy's boats and craft RDT&E Projects.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or other related field from an accredited college or university OR advanced training in the field of computer programming, with 8 years of computer programming experience.
• CompTIA Security+ CE and an Oracle DBA OCA certification (IA Certification required)
• Preferred experience with the following tools: Erwin; ER/Studio; Oracle Developer 2000 V4.5, V6.0 (Including Report Builder, Procedure Builder and Forms Builder); SQL*Loader; Oracle Enterprise Manager; Word Perfect; MS Word; Internet Information Server 4.0;
Microsoft Project, Microsoft Visual Interdev 6.0; ER/Studio; Microsoft FrontPage; TOAD
• Preferred experience with the following platforms: MS Windows 95/98/NT/2000/2003/XP7/2008/10/2012; SCO UNIX; Red Hat Linux
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must be able to maintain a security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background
history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving
course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska
Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained
within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not
be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources
for assistance (http://www.uicalaska.com/contact-us/human-resources/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively,
the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Alexandria, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies
for government contracting.
^ Cut/Paste this Link to Apply:https://rn21.ultipro.com/UKP1001/JobBoard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*C373A545AEF890DD
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41