Universal Forest Products Treater in Elizabeth City, North Carolina
- High school diploma
- Minimum 3 months, preferred 6 months of experience in related areas
- Demonstrate working knowledge of hazardous wage and hazardous material handling procedures and practices
- Successfully complete State Licensing requirements
- Successfully complete Forklift Driver licensing process
Skills and abilities
- Ability to understand basic math and numbers
- Ability to recognize size/quality of material for treating and correct problems
- Demonstrates ability to follow specific instructions and directions
- Ability to troubleshoot treating cylinder and chain deck issues
- Possess mechanical aptitude
- Ability to understand verbal and written instructions in English; ability read and write English
- Ability to identify safety issues in their work area
- Ability to work under immediate supervision
- Ability to pass a drug test
- Ability to work hours mandated by management
Team player and goal oriented
- Leads by example
- Participates in Safety and CI programs
Looks for ways to improve productivity and department results
Tests wood fiver and solutions to meet specific treating requirements.
Transfer material into the treating cylinder (loading and unloading from the pad).
Provides general preventive maintenance on treating equipment.
Completes pre-shift/startup equipment checklist and reports any problems or concerns.
Prepares for treating daily schedule.
Ensures rough material is ready and available for treating.
Follows treating protocol and instructions as described by Company policy.
Maintains work area clean and organized
May assist others moving material, loading and unloading material to and from the tram
Participates in safety, CI and other programs and meetings.
Performs other duties as required
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled